- 8oz shea butter
- 3 oz cocoa butter
- 2 oz hemp seed oil (you could use any "dry" oil here: argan, rosehip, apricot kernel, jojoba, etc.)
- 2 tsp tapioca starch (cornstarch or arrowroot powder)
- Double boiler or two pots (one bigger filled with water, one smaller to fit in it) or...
- Microwave safe container
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Airtight containers for packaging
Measure out your shea butter
In a double boiler on very low heat melt the shea butter
Put the shea butter in the fridge until it's almost solid again except for the middle, that should still be soft
Start whipping the shear butter with a stand or hand mixer until it appears white and fluffy, this can take a while
In a heat proof container mix that cocoa butter and help oil
Heat in microwave using 20 second bursts or in a double boiler until cocoa butter is all melted (Caution: container will be very hot at that point)
Let cocoa butter mixture cool down to room temperature, then add your tapioca starch and essential oil
Little by little add your melted cocoa butter mixture, thoroughly whipping with a mixer after each addition. You really want to add as little as possible each time, if you add too much at once you could end up with a puddle.
Mix until well incorporated
Set your body butter aside until it has reached room temperature (it will get even fluffier as it rests)
Using a spoon or a piping bag transfer into an air tight container
What you will need:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 drops Geranium EO
- 2 drops Tea Tree EO
- Enough water to make a paste
Combine ingredients and add enough water to make a paste.
Let it sit for 15-20 minutes before washing off.
- 2 tablespoons Copaiba Vanilla Conditioner
- 10 drops Mirah Lustrous Hair Oil
- 3 ounces distilled water
- 2 drops each: Cedarwood, Lavender, Peppermint
Combine all ingredients in a glass spray bottle and spritz onto wet hair.
Shake before use!
Mermaid Hair Serum
- 10 drops Rosemary
- 10 drops Lavender
- 10 drops Cedarwood
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons argan oil
- Empty pump bottle
Mermaid Hair Spray
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Cedarwood
- 1 ounce Witch Hazel
- Fill rest of the 4 ounce spray bottle with water (a glass bottle is recommended)
Lavender Bath Melts
- 1 Cup shea butter or cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 20 drops Lavender
- Optional: lavender petals
- Silicone mold
Once everything is fully melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before adding the essential oil.
When the mixture is no longer piping hot, add up to 20 drops of YL lavender essential oil and mix well (add lavender petals at this point if using).
You can now pour the mixture into your silicone mold tray and allow to cool and solidify.
Mother’s Day Glow Serum
Honor a special mom with a luxurious face serum that will enhance her healthy glow! This easy-to-make serum combines the benefits of Geranium and Patchouli essential oil which both promote radiant-looking skin and are often used in high-end perfumes and skin care products.
Geranium essential oil helps smooth and tone the appearance of your skin for a youthful glow. This sweet-smelling essential oil is great for all skin types, but it’s especially beneficial for skin that’s mature and dry.
Patchouli oil may improve the appearance of dry and dull skin, applying 2–3 drops to your face as part of your nightly regimen will help with a healthy, youthful glow and to improve the appearance of dull skin.
Here is what you will need:
- 3 Tablespoons Jojoba oil, or the carrier oil of your choice
- 10 drops Geranium essential oil
- 10 drops Patchouli essential oil
Add the carrier oil to a small glass dropper bottle followed by the essential oils. Tighten the lid on the bottle, shake, and voilà! We recommend applying after cleansing your face as a part of your nightly skincare regimen.
What you will need:
- 2 oz foaming bottle (you can find these on Amazon)
- 2 teaspoons Castile Soap
- Fill remainder with distilled water
- 5 drops Lavender
- 5 drops *Purification
- 3 drops *Peppermint
*Leave the Peppermint and Purification essential oils out of this recipe if using on children 2 years old or younger.
Combine these magical essential oils in a 10 ml roller and fill the rest with V6 complex oil or your favorite carrier oil. Apply this soothing stick roll-on to any areas you need and as often as you need it.
Peppermint Scalp Massage
Grab a splotch of coconut oil and a few drops of Peppermint essential oil. Combine ingredients well. Massage really well into the scalp and run through hair to ends for a hydrating mask.
Lemon Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- juice from 1 lemon
- 15 drops of Young Living Lemon EO
- 1 cup Olive, Grapeseed, Almond, Avocado, or Coconut oil
Mix well, apply to hands or feet and scrub then rinse away the sugar and rub in the oils.
Pumpkin Pie Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark EO
- 2 drops Clove EO
- 2 drops Cardamom EO
- 2 drops Nutmeg EO
Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
Spiced Autumn Sugar Scrub
- 2.5 cups Turbinado sugar
- 8oz sweet almond oil
- 15 drops Citrus Fresh
- 15 drops Christmas Spirit
Combine almond oil and sugar in bowl, mix together until the sugar is the consistency of wet sand. Add essential oils and mix well. Divide sugar scrub into wide lid glass jars. Top off with almond oil.
Summer Playtime Balm
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 T beeswax
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 5 drops Myrrh or Helichrysum Essential Oil
- 1 drop Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
Melt all ingredients except the oils in a double boiler. When cooled, add essential oils and pour into glass jars or lip balm tubes. Allow to harden.
Apply to knees, elbows, and any other place that might need a little extra love.
Winter Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1 drop Clove essential oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup virgin unrefined coconut oil
Mix brown sugar, essential oils, and vanilla extract. Slowly add coconut oil until you reach desired consistency.