Citronella Essential Oil Floating Candle Bowl
Classy doesn’t need to be complicated. This DIY floating candle bowl project will instantly transform your everyday backyard party or BBQ into an enchanting, fragrance-filled summer celebration. All it takes are a few odds and ends you likely have just lying around the house! Make a collection of these bowls and arrange them around the patio, then sit back and enjoy the relaxing glow and the warm summer scent of Citronella and Lemon.
• Glass bowl or container
• Decorations of your choice. You can use anything! (Lemon peels, orange peels, cinnamon sticks, lavender, rosemary, flower petals, river rocks, etc.)
• 20 drops Citronella essential oil
• 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
• 1 tablespoon witch hazel
• Water to top off glass bowl or container
• 1 unscented floating candle
1. Gather decorations and arrange in bowl. We recommend cutting them into two-inch pieces so they don’t bunch at the top of the bowl or cause it to overturn.
2. Add witch hazel, Citronella, and Lemongrass essential oil to the bowl.
3. Fill in the remaining bowl space with water.
4. After placing your bowl outside, top it off with the floating candle and light it to create a cozy, aromatic ambiance you and your guests can enjoy throughout the evening.