Plant Origin: Morocoo
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from flowering plant
Application: Apply 2-4 drops on location, apply on chakras and/or Vita Flex points, inhale directly, diffuse
If Valor and Peace Calming are some of your favorite essential oils, you will LOVE Blue Tansy! Blue Tansy has a very sweet, uplifting, and floral scent and once you smell the aroma, you will immediately know why it is used in Valor and Peace and Calming. Its distinct scent helps to create and all-around grounding and centered atmosphere. This powerful oil is great for the skin and is used in many luxury and high-end skin care products.
Why is Blue Tansy Blue? Blue Tansy actually comes from a tiny yellow flower, the plant is not blue. So why is the oil blue if the plant is not? Chamazulene is a naturally occurring constituent found in Blue Tansy and the heat during the steam distillation process turns it a beautifully rich blue color! This is also why Valor and Peace and Calming are blue.
Features and Benefits:
- Possesses skin-cleansing properties
- Helps reduce the appearance of blemishes
- Creates an uplifting environment when diffused
- Can moisturize and help beautify the skin when added to a moisturizer
- Has skin-soothing properties
- Soothes fatigued muscles when combined with Cool Azul essential oil blend
How do you use Blue Tansy?
- Diffuse Blue Tansy’s sweet, floral fragrance throughout your home to create an inviting, uplifting environment.
- Enhance your favorite moisturizer by adding Blue Tansy and applying it topically to help soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Combine Blue Tansy with Cool Azul essential oil blend and apply it topically to fatigued muscles for a soothing massage after exercise.
- Add Blue Tansy to your Gentle Mist Personal Diffuser and diffuse it around your face to help hydrate and beautify your skin.
- Enjoy Blue Tansy’s skin-cleansing benefits by adding it to Epsom salt and V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex for a relaxing bath.
Note: One drop of Blue Tansy will go a VERY long way. When adding it to your favorite moisturizer or post-workout cream, one drop is all you will need. This potent and powerful essential oil will last you a long time!
Blue Tansy is very blue! When you apply it neat (without a carrier oil) it may temporarily discolor your skin. That’s how powerful it is! Areas on your body with dry skin tend to stay blue longer than moisturized areas of the body. Diluting the oil will significantly help the color evenly disperse. When applying to your face, we recommend mixing only ONE drop of oil with your favorite moisturizer or diluting.
Blue Tansy, like Peace and Calming and Valor, has the potential to discolor your clothing. If you happen to get it on your clothing, try using some Lemon essential oil and Thieves household cleaner to get the color out!
Blue Tansy is a rare botanical native to Morocco, near the Mediterranean Sea. Young Living avoids doing harm to the environment and depleting natural resources, thereby supporting long-term ecological balance. It is our dedication to sustainable, responsible farming that allows us to source rare plants like this and provide our members access to this exclusive oil.
Refer to the Essential Oils Desk or Pocket Reference for more information.