For centuries, Tea Tree essential oil has been used and beloved for its beauty benefits. Today, it’s one of the beauty industry’s favorite essential oils, and for a good reason. Tea Tree oil, also known as Melaleuca alternifolia or Melaleuca oil, is one of the most widely used and extensively researched essential oils! Let’s take a closer look at this YL staple.
Did you know that the tea tree plant is in the myrtle family, whose origins can be traced back to Australia? This is a massive family that currently contains 236 species! Out of all those varieties, Tea Tree is a standout because of its cleansing and beautifying benefits. Young Living’s Tea Tree essential oil is steam distilled from the plant’s leaves.
Tea Tree’s fresh, crisp aroma is an essential component of Purification® and Melrose™ essential oil blends, as well as Animal Scents™ Ointment, Rose Ointment, and ClaraDerm™. When applied topically, Tea Tree can help maintain healthy-looking hair and scalp and reduce the appearance of blemishes. It can also be applied to feet and toenails as needed to help maintain their appearance.
Beyond its beauty benefits, Tea Tree oil also possesses powerful cleansing properties, making it a popular addition to homemade household cleaners, air fresheners, and linen sprays.
Tea Tree benefits:
- Helps maintain healthy-looking hair and scalp
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes
- Is skin cleansing and can help maintain healthy-looking skin
- Helps eliminate musky odors
- Helps maintain the appearance of healthy skin and nails when applied to feet and toenails
- May work as a naturally derived deodorant
How to use Tea Tree essential oil:
- Add a few drops to water or witch hazel in a small spritz bottle to refresh linens and towels.
- Add a few drops to fingertips for an invigorating scalp massage.
- Diffuse to combat stale or offensive odors in the home.
- Add to coconut or carrier oils for a refreshing foot rub.
- Combine with citrus scents such as Lemon or Lemongrass to create a natural deodorant.
- Use Tea Tree’s cleansing properties and fresh scent for homemade soaps and moisturizers.
- Apply to skin as part of your nighttime routine.
- Comb through hair for added shine and freshness.