There's no organ system in the body that's not affected by sound, music, and vibration. You can look at disease as a form of disharmony. -Mitchell Gaynor, MD
What is sound healing?
Sound healing therapy uses aspects of music to improve physical and emotional health and well-being.
Everything that moves vibrates, from the smallest molecule to the universe itself. As long as it is vibrating, it is making some kind of sound. We may not perceive the sound, as it may be below or above the threshold of our hearing. The human ear can hear sound vibrations between 20 and 20,000 cycles per second, although we also perceive sound by skin and bone conduction, ingesting, and consuming it with the whole body.
When an organ or body part is healthy, it creates a natural resonant frequency in harmony with the rest of the body. When the vibration of a part of the body is out of harmony, we have dis-ease. With dis-ease, a different sound pattern is established in the affected part of the body. When sound is projected into the dis-eased area, correct harmonic patterns are restored.
There are many methods of healing with sound. Mantras and chants have been used for thousands of years. Many acoustic instruments are used in a variety of ways to effect change.
- Induces deep relaxation and self-healing
- Gives relief from stress, worry, anxiety
- Releases old, unhealthy patterns and tensions
- Clears blockages, stuck energy - detoxifies
- Increases speed of recovery from surgery and injury
- Reduces and alleviates pain (structural and muscular)
- Increases energy, vitality, and creativity
- Reforms new healthy patterns of harmony, balance, and well-being
- Connects with sacred sound stream for inner awakening
Sound healing is non-invasive, gentle, and powerful!
Sound Healing Partner Providers
Book a private or group sound bath session in-person in Kansas City, Missouri, and Overland Park, Kansas.
Virtual Singing Bowl Meditation Series
Experience the sounds of uniquely-tuned quartz crystal singing bowls to support the energy centers of the body, promoting balance within mind, body, and spirit.