Sacred Frankincense™ essential oil comes from the distillation of the resin of the Boswellia sacra frankincense tree. This oil is ideal for those who wish to take their spiritual journey and meditation experiences to a higher level.
Sacred Frankincense vs. Frankincense, do you know the difference?
Young Living offers both Frankincense and Sacred Frankincense essential oils. These oils have similar properties and can be easy to confuse. Both essential oils come from the frankincense tree but are found in different species. You may know that there are many different types of eucalyptus, for example. Eucalyptus Radiata, Eucalyptus Blue, and Eucalyptus Globulus are all different species of Eucalyptus essential oils that Young Living offers. Boswellia Carterii (Frankincense) and Boswellia Sacra (Sacred Frankincense) are different types of Frankincense essential oil Young Living offers!
Here’s how you can tell these two oils apart!
- Comes from the Boswellia carterii tree
- Produced primarily in Somalia, along with more than 80 percent of the world’s production
- Used more commonly to support healthy-looking skin
- Contains the powerful component Insensol
- Comes from the Boswellia sacra tree
- Produced in Oman and grows in challenging climates
- Contains about 20% more alpha-pinene which contributes to its distinctive fragrance
-Used more commonly to heighten spiritual awareness.